UFA Rural Communities Foundation continues its $100,000 community grant program.
The UFA Rural Communities Foundation Rural Communities Grant program is underway, with $100,000 in funding up for grabs. Groups eligible for funding include registered charities, registered non-profit organizations and community service co-operatives. Visit RCFUFA.com for more information, and to download an application. The deadline for applications is Monday August 31.
The UFA’s Rural Communities Foundation Grants support projects that:
- Align with one of the three funding categories of Recreational, Educational Events and Activities, or Cultural Facilities and Programs;
- Enrich the rural life of agricultural, farming and ranching community members who live within 200km of a UFA location;
- Represent a capital project that can be completed within two years;
- Are planned to be available and accessible for community use;
- Have a demonstrated need and show positive impact within the community; and
- Do not duplicate existing services.
Applications must be completed in full to be considered for a Grant. Grant recipients must provide the opportunity for permanent signage of UFA RCF to be placed at or near the project. A minimum of $10,000 up to a maximum of $100,00 will be awarded to the successful applicant(s).
About the Foundation
The Rural Communities Foundation was created in 2014 as a way to distribute archived equity funds back into rural communities where UFA has a presence.
The foundation is committed to giving $500,000 over five years to rural Alberta to improve the sustainability of farmers and ranchers in Alberta. Communities are encouraged to apply for projects that enrich education, recreation and culture.